Mondays: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Tuesdays thru Thursdays: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Fridays: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sundays: Noon – 4:00pm
Curbside service continues for those who wish to pick up items they have on hold or currently on our shelves. Please note our new hours:
Monday – Friday: 11am – 1pm
When curbside is unavailable, materials will be placed on a table just inside the library’s parking lot entrance. If you have any questions, please call us at 315-635-5631.
We are open for folks to come into the building. During this time, the following services will be available: Reference Services, Computer Use, Photocopying, Faxing, Browsing and checking out materials. Notary with limited hours so call ahead. To make an appointment please call us at 315-635-5631 or go to our online calendar here.
Because our building capacity is limited by NYS guidelines for the number of people allowed in at any one time, reservations are required to guarantee entry into the building; walk-ins will be allowed as space is available. If you need to use a computer, please reserve a COMPUTER TIME on our online calendar.
Please note the following guidelines
- Temperatures are taken and hand sanitizing is required upon entry.
- Masks must be worn; except for children age 2 and younger
- Social distancing of 6 ft required unless with other members of the same household.
- There is a limit of two one-hour reservations per day per person.
- For questions and assistance call the library at 315-635-5631 and ask for the Information Desk.
Curbside Service Details
Even though the building has opened for patrons by appointment, Library Takeout continues for those who want to pick up items they have on hold, or materials that are currently on our shelves. Please note the following:
- Request materials by;
- Placing holds online using your library card number and PIN
- Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling the library at 315-635-5631
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready
- Wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual
- After you receive notification that your hold is available, call the library at 315-635-5631 to make an appointment to pick up your items.
- Curbside hours are Monday-Friday from 11 am-1 pm
- When you arrive for your materials, please wait in your car and call 315-635-5631 to let us know you have arrived. A staff member bring your items out to your car.
- Staff will have your items checked out and placed in a bag with your receipt.
- To support social distancing efforts, BPL is working with a limited number of staff on duty at any one time.
- Masks are required for all library patrons
- Materials to be returned must be placed in the outdoor book drop at the end of the building.
- When items are returned, they will remain on your card for 4 days due to a minimum 4 day quarantine. You will not incur any late fees.
Notary Public Hours
The Notary Public is available at the following days and times:
Monday thru Friday: 9AM – 4:30PM
Wednesday: 9AM – 6:30PM
2020 Holiday Schedule
Thursday, December 31st, New Year’s Eve (Close at 5 pm)
2021 Holiday Schedule
Friday, January 1st, New Year’s Day
Monday, February 15th, President’s Day
Sunday, April 4th, Easter Sunday
Sunday, May 30th, Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 31st, Memorial Day
Monday, July 5th, Independence Day (observed)
Monday, September 6th, Labor Day
Thursday, November 11th, Library will be closed for Staff Training Day (staff reports)
Wednesday, November 24th, Thanksgiving Eve (Close at 5 pm)
Thursday, November 25th, Thanksgiving Day
Friday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
Saturday, December 25th, Christmas Day
Sunday, December 26th, Christmas Holiday
Friday, December 31st, New Year’s Eve (Close at 5 pm)
We are closed on Sundays in the summer, July through Labor Day.