See below for information about our Parking Lot Renovation!
Mondays: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Tuesdays thru Thursdays: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Fridays: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sundays: Noon – 4:00pm
The Baldwinsville Public Library will be undergoing a major renovation. Despite the lot being unavailable during this time, the library will remain open throughout the project. The expectation is that construction will start in mid-May.
Here is what you need to know:
Monday hours of operation will be changed to 9 am to 7 pm. All other hours will remain the same.
An appointment will guarantee entrance because NYS guidelines still mandate a limited number of people at any one time.
- The lot adjacent to and behind the library’s lot.
- Public parking spaces at Baldwin Canal Square.
- Will be at the door facing Virginia Street, across from Kinney Drugs.
- Visit the tent before entering.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will still be recording names for contact tracing.
- Masks are still required, and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Available during all open hours (see hours above).
- To arrange for pickup call 315-635-5631.
- Please allow at least 30 minutes before arriving to allow staff time to fulfill requests.
- All cars must enter from East Genesee Street and pull up to one of two spots designated by signage.
- To allow for traffic flow, there is no standing on the opposite side of the street.
- Vestibule pickup will NOT be available.
Our external book drop
- Will NOT be accessible during the renovation.
- During regular business hours, please return materials to the tent.
- After hours, there will be a locked book return box near the Virginia Street tent.
- Will be accessible under the tent for use by those unable to enter the library due to mobility issues.
- Please make a reservation before you come to be assured a computer.
- Printing will be available from these computers.
- Public computers inside are still accessible.
Let Us Browse for You! Service:
- While browsing is one of the best parts of coming into the library, for some, it will not be feasible.
- Call the Information Desk to discuss choosing materials chosen based upon criteria such as favorite author, genre, or subject matter.
- Arrange for curbside pickup at the same time as your order.
- Please allow at least one hour before picking up materials.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience during the renovation.
The bid opening for the library parking lot project may be seen here.
You’re welcome to enter the building!
To make an appointment please call us at 315-635-5631 or go to our online calendar here.
An appointment will guarantee entrance because NYS guidelines mandate a limited number of people at any one time. Walk-ins will be allowed as space is available.
If you need to use a computer, please reserve a COMPUTER TIME on our online calendar.
Please note the following guidelines
- Masks must be worn; except for children age 2 and younger
- Social distancing of 6 ft required unless with other members of the same household.
- There is a limit of two-hour reservations per day per person.
- For questions and assistance call the library at 315-635-5631 and ask for the Information Desk.
Notary Public Hours
The Notary Public is available at the following days and times:
Monday thru Friday: 9AM – 4:30PM Wednesdays: 9AM – 6:30PM
2021 Holiday Schedule
Friday, January 1st, New Year’s Day
Monday, February 15th, President’s Day
Sunday, April 4th, Easter Sunday
Sunday, May 30th, Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 31st, Memorial Day
Monday, July 5th, Independence Day (observed)
Monday, September 6th, Labor Day
Thursday, November 11th, Library will be closed for Staff Training Day (staff reports)
Wednesday, November 24th, Thanksgiving Eve (Close at 5 pm)
Thursday, November 25th, Thanksgiving Day
Friday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
Saturday, December 25th, Christmas Day
Sunday, December 26th, Christmas Holiday
Friday, December 31st, New Year’s Eve (Close at 5 pm)
We are closed on Sundays in the summer, July through Labor Day.