Notice Regarding the Library Budget Vote
As a school district public library, the library is chartered to serve the residents of the Baldwinsville Central School District. We receive the majority of our funding through property taxes. The projected budget does not increase taxes. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to hold an in-person vote, therefore our ballot will be included with the Baldwinsville Central School District absentee ballot. Absentee ballots will be sent to all eligible voters of the Baldwinsville Central School District. In addition to the budget, one trustee position is up for a vote. The seat is currently held by trustee Susan P. Downey, who will not be seeking reelection. There is one candidate on the ballot; the candidate is Mary Schmutz.
Click here to see the 2020-2021 Budget Proposal & 2019 Annual Report
See Library Director Meg Van Patten on PAC-B TV discussing the library’s phased re-opening and “Library Take-Out”
Yes, it’s true!!!
Along with the Syracuse city libraries, BPL will begin offering Library Takeout on Tuesday, May 26th. Please note the following:
- You can request materials by placing holds online with your library card number and PIN or send an email to email@example.com or call the library at 315-635-5631between 9am and 8pm Monday, 9am and 5pm Tuesday thru Friday or 10am to 2pm Saturday.
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready.
- Wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual.
- We are currently unable to offer items owned at non-library pickup locations to a participating library pickup location.
- After you receive notification that your hold is available call the library at 315-635-5631to make an appointment to pick up your holds.
- Have your library card number available when you call.
- When you arrive for your Library Takeout please wait in your car and call the library to let us know you have arrived. A staff member will bring your items out to your car.
- Staff will have your items checked out and placed in a new bag with your receipt.
- To support social distancing efforts, BPL is working with a limited number of staff on duty at one time.
- Masks are required for all library pickups.
- Outdoor signage at the library will guide you through the process.
- Please do not use library pickup areas to return items. Items must only be returned in the library book drop.
- The library building remains closed to the public.
- Lobbies, restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible.
- Pickup will be available:
Monday: 9:30am to 7:30pm
Tuesday-Friday: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am to 1:30pm
Thank you for your patience. 😊
Local Information Sources Regarding Covid-19
Onondaga County Health Department
Click here for information on Covid-19 from the CDC
SUNY Upstate Medical University Covid-19 Triage Center
Upstate’s COVID-19 triage number is 315-464-3979
New Programs and Resources…click on the thumbnail for more information
Browse the Carousel to see our new collection of magazines from Flipster